To wake up and discover you have the case of under-eye puffiness and bags can become very frustrating when you have a long day ahead of you. It makes you want to crawl back into bed and hope they disappear. Under-eye bags has been a huge beauty issue in my makeup, morning routine and my life! Have me questioning how did they get there? How to get rid of them?
There are many explanations for the cause of under-eye bag and puffiness. One can get this from:
- Lack of sleep.
- High use of salt in diet.
The results of under-eye bags gives us an appearance of exhaustion and like we got punched in both eyes.
But don’t fret! Since I was 16 years old I’ve been battling with this beauty issue until just recently. I have found wonderful tips and home remedies that will fix this unsightly weight we carry under our eyes in no time! And I want to share them with all of you!
- Cold Spoon– Applying a cold spoon to my under-eye bags has became crucial to my makeup/morning routine. Place a spoon in the freezer for 15 minutes and place the silverware under your eye until it’s room temperature. The coolness will bring down eye swelling and reduce redness tremendously!
- Cucumber Slices | Believe it or not. Cucumbers is the most frequent home remedy used to help reduce dark circles, swelling and redness. The caffeic acid brings down the water retention under the eyes to bring down the swelling. Place a cool and clean cucumber slice over each eye for 30 minutes at least once a day for a week to see results. For extra measures, Rub a cotton ball in the cucumber juice and rub under each eyes and rinse after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Raw Potato Slices | There are natural agents in a potato that lightens the look of dark circles, reduce bags and puffiness. If you don’t have any cucumbers handy, Potato slices is the next best home remedy I use. Using a potato to remove eye puffiness is used in the same method as the cucumber.
- Cold Milk | Cold milk is another home remedy to use in combat against eye puffiness. The combination of vitamins, amino acids and proteins helps reduce the unsightly look of under-eye puffiness. Dip a clean dry paper towel in a glass of whole milk, and place under both eyes for a total of 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Egg Whites | Egg whites are an easily accessible remedy to help treat puffy eyes. Egg whites reduce irritation and stimulate circulation to reduce dark circles. Simply apply already beaten egg whites with a Q-Tip or cotton ball under the eyes and let dry for 15 minutes. And gently rinse. Added Bonus! The under eye area is very thin and being rough with this area also cause darkness and redness. Be gentle when working with the skin around the eyes.
I have listed my favorite natural home remedies to treat under-eye bags and puffiness.
What are some of your tricks and tips to treat under-eye bags/puffiness?