Hello my loves,
When I was teenager I’ll be the first to admit, I thought nothing bad could happen to me, I was sadly mistaken. December 23rd of 2011 has interrupted my sixteen year old life like never before, I lost the most important person to any human being – My mother.
Why? I wasn’t ready to let go, I wasn’t ready for her to leave me. She didn’t see me get married, meet her grandchildren or see me graduate high school. I just had one question I always wanted to ask her, am I making her proud? Not being able to get my answer breaks my heart everyday.
I had to tell myself, Stop trying to convince myself everything is okay when it isn’t to please everyone, It’s okay to not feel 100 percent and the last thing anyone should do is make yourself feel guilty for feeling the emotions your feeling.
Due to personal experience, over the years I’ve learned that the best way to get out of my bad mood was going through it. There are things that are just out of our control, For example:
- How we look.
- Who we’re around.
- Our genetics.
- Social status.
- Hos society/media illustrates the world.
And much more.
However, Those are the things we embrace the most about ourselves. Depending on people of society to find inner happiness will only hurt us in the end. You may be fortunate to be around a great group of people that offers great life learning experience. But if not, Don’t allow the immaturity to get the best of you, Their ignorance has absolutely nothing to do with you as a person. I know it’s tough when people can treat someone so horribly based on things that may or may not be changeable or defined as you. Always remember, to hold your head high to the sky! And ignore the people who doesn’t deserve your presence in the first place.
I’m not a professional, but I been through it, And over the past five years I’ve done different practices to try to improve this sadness I’ve been battling. Some practices I wasn’t really comfortable doing but I gave it a shot to move on from a minor setback to have my major comeback!
This has worked for me and many others to alleviate the feeling of depression. And I hope it helps anyone needing guidance! I’m here for you!
- Write | Write down all you thoughts,feelings, concerns or anything you want to get off your chest. Rereading past journal entries and seeing how much you improved yourself is also helpful.
- Let It Out | Crying, Screaming, Punching your pillow or laughing. Anything to let out that built up emotions. Once your done you will feel as if you took a load off your chest. You will feel ten times better once you let it out.
- Exercise | Running on a treadmill, Going for a walk, Lifting weights can release a lot of stress. I recommend this technique to go to the local gym and run off the stress on the treadmill and get healthy at the same time.
- Seek Professional Help | There is nothing wrong with seeking proper medical attention. Only you know if your depression is getting out of hand. Seek help if you can. Remember it’s confidential, if you don’t want anyone knowing. Simply don’t tell.
- Find A Support Group | You’re not alone, There are millions of people that battle depression everyday. Going to a support group not only allows you to vent your worries but possibly gain friends along the way.
- Practice Meditation | Overcoming depression has and will take a toll on your mind and body, Avoid this. Releasing those negative toxins with a relaxing breathing session made me feel content and peaceful.
My battle with depression isn’t over, But I’m not giving up either! Self Improvement is on the list!
I know everyone say this, But don’t lose hope. There’s a light at the end of every tunnel. It can be a difficult process, However it can get done and it will get better.
Until next time!
XOXO – Aneesha.